Here it is! Five quick tips on eliminating belly bloat.
- Cut out the grains: Cut out the breads, wheat or grain flours, quinoa, rice, buckwheat, etc. These foods can increase inflammation in the lining of the gut which can cause bloat. Cutting the grains out for 30 days can help reboot the gut. Try coconut flour or almond flour instead.
- Cut out the legumes (beans, peas, lentils, peanuts): Legumes are an amazing superfood, but can cause bloat when the gut is not 100% healthy. Beans act as a pre-biotic, so they can feed good bacteria, but they can also feed bad bacteria or yeast that may be present. Removing legumes for a short amount of time can allow the gut to heal.
- Cut out dairy: Yes that means your daily yogurt and morning coffee. Dairy is a big culprit of inflammation. Try a sheep, goat, or coconut yogurt instead. Coconut or almond milk are a great substitute in your coffee. If you like a heavier cream, the condensed coconut milk is a great choice.
- Consume homemade bone broth: Bone broth has amazing restorative properties that heal the lining of your gut, boost your immune system, and give you the essential nutrients for beautiful hair, skin, and nails. Shoot for 1 cup per day.
- Get in good fat: Eat 1 cup of essential fatty acids per day. Choose from avocado, walnuts, almonds, egg yolks, nut butters, and healthy oils such as olive oil, avocado oil, or ghee. These essential fatty acids will not only give you beautiful hair, skin, and nails but will also decrease any inflammation in the body to decrease bloat.
Need delicious recipes to keep you on track and steer clear of bloating? Dr. Nicole’s new cookbook “Eat for Your Gut” is available for pre-sale now. If you order before November 20th, you will receive a 7-Day Metabolism Reset Guide with bonus recipes!
Is Functional Medicine right for you?
- Have you hit a plateau with your health and want to know what more you could be doing?
- Do you have symptoms that are affecting your daily life that you just can’t seem to get a hold on?
- Interested in digging deeper into the root cause of your ailments?
- Are you looking for a plan that is specific to your body’s needs?
Our Functional Medicine Program may be just what you are looking for. You can learn more here.