1st Visit: Case Review Consultation
All functional medicine patients begin with a Case Review Consultation (60 mins) with Dr. Nicole Rivera or Functional Nutritionist Brooke.
Prior to the consultation, your practioner will review your New Patient Paperwork (including your medical history, diet and supplement survey and assessment forms) and relevant prior lab work.
The Case Review Consultation Includes
- A 60-minute evaluation
- A thorough review of your medical history and relevant previous lab work (10 page limit)
- A review of your current diet and nutritional supplements
- A detailed body systems assessment
- Recommendations for testing (You may be able to use your insurance for select testing)
- A Bioscan SRT scan for allergies and stressors
Recommended Laboratory Analysis
Most patients begin with the following Labs*, which provide an in-depth look into your body and an accurate evaluation of your current state of health.
- Comprehensive blood chemistry panel (Can be done on sight). This is the single most efficient, effective and affordable tool for quickly evaluating your health. It screens for a wide range of conditions, including several types of anemia; gut, viral and bacterial infections; insulin resistance and hypoglycemia; liver and kidney issues; and thyroid and adrenal problems. It offers important clues for how to structure and focus your treatment to get the best results. It also provides a baseline of biomarkers that can be used to objectively track the progress of your treatment over time.
- Autonomic Response Testing done in-house to identify body stressors, impacted organ systems, and supplementation
- Additional blood tests for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, and gluten sensitivity, chronic infections and viruses.
- Advanced stool testing to screen for parasites, fungal overgrowth, bacterial infections, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Hair testing for heavy metal toxicity (mercury, aluminum, arsenic, etc.) and mineral deficiencies.
*Labs can be put through insurance if you have appropriate coverage. We also have drastically discounted Cash price for testing.
Additional Laboratory Analysis
In select cases, we may also recommend additional laboratory analysis.
- Urine challenge for heavy metals
- Organic Acid Testing to measure nutritional imbalances, amino acid insufficiencies, etc.
- Vitamin D testing
- Vitamin B12 testing
- Lyme Disease screening
- Mold + Mycotoxin testing
- Autoimmune testing, Food Allergy testing including Raw, Cooked, & Food Protein
- Intestinal Permeability Testing
- SIBO Analysis
- Stool + Parasite Testing
- Salivary and Blood Hormone Panels
- Salivary Cortisol
- Genetic Testing
- Viral Testing including EBV, CMV, Mycoplasma
- Neurotransmitter Testing including Stress Hormones and Adrenaline
2nd Visit: Report of Findings Consultation
The Report of Findings Consultation (90 mins) consists of four parts:
- Review of Lab Testing Results.
- Explanation of the underlying patterns that are contributing to your symptoms.
- Outline of your Custom Care Plan for the initial phase of healing, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations.
- Recommendations for further testing (this will typically be minimal, if necessary at all, because of the completeness of the Case Review process).
During your Report of Findings Consultation, Dr. Nicole or Brooke will lay out a program to fully support your conditions, and help you reach your health and wellness goals. Custom Care Plans range depending on the patient’s lab analysis and goals.
Programs begin at $350 per month.
Getting Healthy is a Family Affair!
Did you know that IWG offers family discounts?
- 2-3 Family Members – 15% off services
- 4+ Family Members- 20% off services