Dr. Nick Carruthers
Dr. Nick’s journey to becoming a wellness practitioner started as an athlete. As a football player in a competitive family, it was not until his 6th concussion that he realized that he needed to step away from football to preserve his health and his brain.
In this transition, Dr. Nick decided to challenge his body and mind in a different way by becoming a triathlete. He competed for 9 years as a triathlete, with most races at the 70.3/Half Ironman distance. In 2009, he decided to embark on a full Ironman which is 2.4 mile swim, 113 mile bike ride, and a full marathon. Six months prior to the Ironman, he tore almost all the ligaments in his right shoulder which left him unable to train. At this time, he pushed his mind to prepare for this race. He was able to complete the Ironman in an impressive amount of time with very little physical training.
Dr. Nick learned a lot about the power of the mind during this time which has been a significant influence on his career. He has dedicated his career to helping others heal to continually optimize the health and efficiency of the human brain. Dr. Nick believes “the quality of our communication determines the quality of our life.” This underlying principle influences how Dr. Nick looks at the human body. He evaluates each and every system of the body, how they interact with each other, and most importantly how the brain and nervous system is able to communicate with those systems. He understands that every system is integrated and influenced by every other system from our mental and emotional health, our physical and biochemical health, as well as our energetic health. Literally, everything affects everything and therefore to fully heal the body, all systems need to be integrated. He believes that there is a cause for every effect which means there is an answer to your array of symptoms. Most importantly, there is a solution to your cause which will allow you to heal and have the knowledge to prevent it from arising in the future.
Fundamentally, he believes that no matter what your health challenges are, you have the power to be the key player in your health destiny, by doing so, you’ll evolve your life.
- Full Body Chiropractic (spine and extremities)
- Mindset Coaching
- Autonomic Response Testing and Applied Kinesiology
- Integrative Emotional Release
- Energy work and how different energetic systems affect the body
- qEEG or Quantitative Electroencephalography to detect the brain’s electrical patterns known as brainwaves
Training & Credentials
- Doctorate degree from Life Chiropractic College West, Cum Laude
- Bachelor’s degree from Wartburg University in Fitness Management
- Active Member of the Klinghardt Academy
- Klinghardt Academy Certified
- Autonomic Response Technique Level 1
- Autonomic Response Technique Level 2
- Autonomic Response Technique Level 3
- ART Protocols & Solutions
- Applied Psycho Neurobiology
- Klinghardt Lyme Solutions