Leah was put on this earth to help others. She is highly empathetic and loves digging deep into research, providing others with support from all angles of the human experience. She has always been passionate about nutrition and alternative medicine practices and finding ways for people to incorporate healthy habits in their everyday life. Leah is particularly interested in helping women/femmes/people with uteruses gain better understanding of their bodies and their choices in health care, throughout all stages of the reproductive life. She has trained with CAPPA, Expecting(NYC), and The Doula Project, and worked as a full spectrum doula across NYC and at Planned Parenthood – Queens for many years while completing her studies at Sarah Lawrence College in health policy and women’s history. She also spent a year studying herbalism and traditional Chinese medicine at ArborVitae School of Traditional Herbalism. She spent a brief period working for a large tech company to learn more about data analysis and media, before deciding that the corporate world was not for her. Leah provides the marriage between age-old folk medicine and philosophies with advances in science, technology, and media to meet today’s needs for increasing information & health care access and quality of care. She believes there is a time and place for all forms of medicine: therapy, herb, and medical intervention alike.
At Integrative Wellness Group, Leah supports all new and current patients in Client Services. She is excited to support you on your health journey by making your time at IWG seamless. Leah is on the path to becoming a practitioner herself one day and is excited to come to IWG every day and learn more so she can help others. Leah believes everyone deserves better health care that empowers the individual, considers them as a whole, and prevents dis-ease from the ground up.
Leah was born and raised in Minnesota and now calls the Jersey Shore home. When not at IWG, you can find her hiking, foraging, reading the latest about hormone health, doing her best to live zero waste, and watching That 70s Show reruns.
- Reproductive Health
- Hormonal Health
- Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum
- Home Birth & Hospital Birth
- Mindfulness Bases Stress Reduction
- Birth Control / Abortion Education & Support
- Gender Non-Binary Reproductive Education & Support
Training & Credentials
- B.A. in Healthy Policy & Women’s Studies, Sarah Lawrence College
- Foundational Herbalism, ArborVitae School of Traditional Herbalism
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting, Expecting(NYC)
- Active Member of Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association
- Labor Doula, CAPPA
- Abortion Doula, The Doula Project
- Clinical Support Advocate, Planned Parenthood of NYC
- Comforting Touch Training with Yiska Obidia
- Gynecologic Teaching Associate, Clinical Practice Resources